Friday, May 9, 2025

Professional Education Core Coursework


As part of my preparation to become a certified physical education teacher, I have completed a series of professional education courses through the College of Education at Texas A&M International University. These courses are designed to provide a strong foundation in instructional design, assessment, cultural competence, and classroom practice. Below is a summary of completed and in-progress coursework, as well as courses still required for program completion. Continued student teaching with increased instructional responsibility, lesson delivery, and professional evaluation.

📘 Important Coursework

  • EDCI 1102 – Introduction to the Teaching Profession

  • EDUC 1301 – Introduction to the Teaching Profession

  • EDCI 2224 – Cultural Foundations of Education

  • EDCI 3200 – Survey of Content Knowledge & Experience

  • EDCI 3301 – Assessment for Instructional Design (WIN)

  • EDCI 3302 – Teaching English Language Learners

  • Block I Field Experience – Early Clinical Practice

  • Block II Field Experience – Advanced Clinical Practice

  • EDCI 3305 – Instructional Planning & Delivery

  • EDCI 3315 – Classroom Management & Organization

  • EDCI 4310 – Advanced Strategies for Diverse Learners

  • EDCI 4693 – Clinical Teaching (Capstone Student Teaching)

  • EDSE 4350 – Inclusive Practices for Exceptional Learners

This coursework reflects my commitment to becoming a well-prepared, reflective, and student-centered educator. As I progress, I will continue building the skills necessary to effectively engage and support all learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Micro-Credential Digital Badges: 21st-century teaching tools and strategies

Completing the Micro credential digital badges through the Microsoft Learn Educator Center significantly enhanced my understanding of 21st-c...